Best High Voltage Smart Thermostat [Top 10 line voltage thermostat]
So we’re here to help anyone with baseboard heaters or other high voltage systems. Below we review the best line voltage smart thermostat so that you can bring your home into the 21st century.
High Voltage Smart Thermostat: Amazon Best Sellers
If you’re in a hurry, take a look at these Amazon Best Sellers. Otherwise, keep reading!
Mysa high voltage thermostat – The best line voltage smart thermostat?
In Swedish, Mysa means “comfortable” or “content.” And, this high voltage thermostat was designed to make your content and make your home temperature comfortable. Mysa is a smart thermostat meant to be used in homes that use electric baseboards or fan-forced heaters.
Baseboard heaters are, as their name suggests, installed on the baseboards of rooms. Usually, they are installed under windows to warm cool air and keep the room temperature cozy.
They work by transmitting electric currents through wires encased in piping. To be more precise, this means that a baseboard heater pulls cool air in, warms it with electricity, and then pushes hot air out.
One great benefit of using baseboard heaters is that this allows you to heat only the rooms in use, meaning that you will reduce heating costs. However, these heaters aren’t the best choice for homes that require high heating loads.
So, where does the Mysa high voltage thermostat come in? Its role is to connect all baseboard heaters to central control and allow you to manage the home temperature in every room.
Whom Is This Product Designed For?
- Mysa smart thermostat can be used in homes with high voltage electric baseboard heaters and electric fan-forced heaters.
- Thanks to its simple interface, users of all ages can adjust the temperature in their homes with the Mysa thermostat.
What impresses many users once they unbox the Mysa high voltage thermostat is its build quality. Even though the unit features a clean, modern design, it feels quite durable. And, when compared to a traditional thermostat, this one is noticeably larger. The size is justified by a giant heat sink used for cooling the controller and can be seen once the faceplate is removed.
The thermostat is composed of two parts – the power board and the faceplate. The power board is mounted to the wall, and the faceplate contains the controller board. One nice touch is that the manufacturer made sure to include mounting screws and wire nuts necessary for mounting the thermostat.
Installing a Mysa high voltage thermostat is relatively simple if you have any experience in electrical work. For example, if you can establish a smart switch, you should have no problems with installing this thermostat.
Just like many other smart devices, this one also requires a neutral wire. So, you should make sure you have one available before even making the purchase. The thermostat comes with an instruction manual that covers the installation, and every step is explained clearly. In addition, the manufacturer made sure to provide an installation video on YouTube.
Easy to Use
Using a Mysa thermostat is very simple. The thermostat comes with two touch buttons that allow you to easily increase or decrease the room’s temperature. And, one great thing about it is that you can adjust this thermostat manually and remotely.
When it comes to remote control, this high voltage thermostat comes with an app compatible with Android and iOS smartphones.
The Mysa App
The Mysa app is straightforward to use, and it is quite convenient since it allows you to set the temperature in your home remotely. However, before you get started, you will need to create a Mysa account.
Besides being able to adjust your home temperature from anywhere in the world (literally), the app has a few more features. You can use it to view current temperature and humidity, create zones, and set schedules. The schedules can be made for different days of the week, and they can be set through a wizard or manually.
Another excellent part of the Mysa app is the ability to check out your energy usage by zone. This will help you stay comfortable while also keeping costs under control during those long, chilly stretches of winter.
- The only HomeKit compatible line voltage programmable thermostat available.
- Very easy to install and use.
- Features sturdy build and appealing design.
- The manufacturer is constantly releasing updates to improve functionality.
- Compatible with smart home systems such as Google, Amazon Alexa, and Apple HomeKit.
- This thermostat is expensive when compared to standard, programmable thermostats.
- Some users stated that the touch buttons could be more responsive.
- Some users have experienced long wait times before shipment.
How Many Amps Is Mysa Smart Thermostat Rated For?
The Mysa thermostat is rated at 16 Amps.
Does This Thermostat Work With Hydroponic Baseboards?
It does, as long as the hydroponic baseboard is self-contained. For the thermostat to work correctly with such baseboards, it should be set to the “fan-forced” setting.
What is the Lowest Temperature Setting?
The lowest temperature setting is 41 degrees Fahrenheit. There is also a complete off mode if you don’t want the heaters to turn on at all.
What is the best line voltage thermostat for you?
Mysa is a high voltage thermostat perfect for homes that use electric baseboards or fan-forced heaters. Like every other smart thermostat, it comes with an app that allows the user to remotely control the temperature in his home. In addition, the manufacturer is constantly releasing updates that improve the app’s functionality and the thermostat.
Homeowners with high voltage heating will love this thermostat because it doesn’t only add smart home functionality to their heating system. It is an excellent solution for those who would like to lower their energy consumption and heating costs. According to the manufacturers, all Mysa owners can save at least 15% on their energy bills.
High Voltage Smart Thermostat: Today’s Best Deal!
- On-Demand Backlight - Easy to read in various lighting conditions
- Soundproof Operation - Reduces "clicking" noise heard with conventional thermostats
- Heating Indicator - At-a-glance confirmation that the heat is on
- Digital 5-2 Day Programmable Thermostat for electric baseboards, convectors and fan-forced heaters.
- The most accurate type of thermostat on the market (accuracy of ± 0.27°F with baseboards and convectors).
- TRIAC switching allows for 100 percent silent operation and unsurpassed temperature control that helps eliminate temperature swings.
- 3360W@120V / 5824W@208V / 6720W@240V / 7756@277 VAC (28A)
- Includes both C and F control dials (5-32C or 41F-90F)
- Wall mount design-Sits Flush against wall
- On screen programming. This thermostat is not compatible with heating appliances that contain both an electric heating element (resistive) and a blower fan (inductive load)
- Temporary override
- 4 program periods per day
- 7 day programmable - maintain the pre-set program schedule for up to 20% energy savings, or modify the schedule to fit your lifestyle. 208/240V
- Electronic temperature control - precision of ±1 F saves up to an additional 10% on heating bills; 15 A (Resistive), 50/60 Hz, 4 Wires, Double Pole, 15 minute heating cycles, Battery Free
- Soundproofed for quiet operation - reduces the clicking noise commonly heard with conventional thermostats
- This thermostat is a non-programmable line voltage manual control (120-240 Volts)
- Compatible with electric baseboards, convectors and non-inductive rated fan-forced heaters
- Bimetal temperature sensor offers simple, worry-free operation
- For High/Line Voltage Systems — Mysa works with 120-240V electric baseboards and electric fan-forced heaters and requires one neutral or second live wire.
- 40% Smaller + New Features, Including Adaptive Display Technology.
- Adaptive Brightness Technology - Use Sleep and Wake on Approach to Set Your Preferred Display Brightness
- Digital Non-Programmable Thermostat for electric baseboard heaters and convectors (2 wires).
- Ultimate temperature control – the most accurate type of thermostat on the market (accuracy of ± 0.27°F with baseboards and convectors).
- TRIAC Switching Thermostat: 100% silent switching (no clicking noise) and unsurpassed temperature control eliminates temperature swings.
- HIGH REPLACEMENT POTENTIAL: Replaces most available electric heat models. It’s a good fit for baseboard or radiant electric heating systems.
- ACCURATE READINGS: Bimetal temperature sensing yields +/-2ºF control accuracy.
- INSTALLS QUICKLY: J-Box compatible
- Spst cool only
- Thermometer on face plate
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Last update on 2023-12-08 from Amazon / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API